I have a major sweet tooth. I’m not really a big cupcake or cake lover and I have to be in the mood for cookies (say whaaaa?) but I have a serious soft spot in my heart for brownies. Another soft spot when it comes to sweets for me is icecream (it’s the only thing I craved during my first trimester), specifically Rocky Road ice cream. Anyone else with me on this?
So I figured I would combine the two to make one seriously delicious bite. The best part is these bad boys are really easy to make!
Super-Rocky Rocky Road Brownies
2 1-ounce squares unsweetened chocolate
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ cup (1/2 stick) butter softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 6-ounce package semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1 cup peanut butter chips
1 cup mini marshmallows
Non-stick cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Melt chocolate squares in a double boiler. If you don’t have one you can put a metal bowl over the top of a small kettle of boiling water and melt the chocolate in the bowl that way. Set aside to cool slightly.
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter and the sugar until they’re well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each egg.
4. Gradually add the melted chocolate and mix well. Beat in the vanilla.
5. Slowly add the flour mixture to the bowl and mix thoroughly.
6. Fold in the chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, and marshmallows.
7. Pour the batter into an 8×8 inch pan that has a good coat of non-stick spray.
8. Bake for 40 minutes. You can tell that they are done if you put a wooden toothpick near the center and it comes out clean.