SHOP THE LOOK
This weekend felt so much like summer and it made me realize how ready I am for it! The girls’ last day of school was Thursday and this weekend we went on the boat and had a block party, complete with water balloons, an afternoon rainstorm and lots of new neighborhood friends hanging out until the wee hours (aka until our kids had to go to bed so maybe 8pm?). As busy as this summer is going to be, I’m so excited to make memories and soak up all the sun and fun it has to offer.
Kicking off the week before Memorial Day weekend with a summer bucket list seemed just the right thing to do. I love doing seasonal bucket lists complete with the fun and exciting adventures down to the minuscule everyday things that can turn magic if you make them that way. Last summer I made a bucket list but I didn’t hang it up (partially due to us traveling a lot and not being there much) and I hated not having it in plain view. I can’t wait to write it out this summer and hang it up and check it off as we go! A tradition I know we will love to look back on years from now.
Some things going on my summer bucket list:
- Have a water balloon fight
- Put up sun sails
- Play in the sprinkler
- Eat watermelon on the patio
- Have a sparkler party
- Hike up to the waterfalls
- Eat pizza on the boat
- Make a living room fort and watch Parent Trap
- Lay on the grass and look at the stars
- Go on bicycle rides
- Fly a kite on the beach
- Collect seashells
- Paint the girls nails in a rainbow
- Dance in the rain and jump in the puddles
- Work on my sidewalk chalk skills
- Cook a meal from food bought at the farmers market
- Eat ice-cream cones from a small shop
Does anyone else do seasonal bucket lists? What’s on yours for the summer?