I will be the first to admit that spinach used to freak me out a bit. I never ate it but it was so leafy and looked like a garnish all the time so I just wasn’t interested. I’m finally growing up and eating big girl foods and I’m glad I finally tried it. It’s delicious in smoothies or salads but it’s also really good by itself too! With garlic of course. Anything is good if you add a little extra garlic to it.
Sauteed Spinach and Garlic
1 bag of spinach
1 tablespoon of minced garlic or four cloves
1. Add some olive oil into a frying pan and warm on medium heat on the stove.
2. Add the garlic into the pan and let it flavor for 3 minutes.
3. Slowly add the spinach into the frying pan. I add about half the bag and let it shrink before adding the other half. This takes about 5-7 minutes.
4. Mix around so the spinach is covered in the garlic and is shrunken enough that is isn’t very leafy anymore.
5. Enjoy by itself or as a side to your next dinner!