so goals. it’s a week now into the new year. i’ve looked back on the last year and recognized what worked for me and what didn’t so i am now a hundred percent comfortable with my new goals for 2017! i’ve got lots of goals this year that i’ve written in my journal and i thought i would share of few of them here…
1. MAKE THIS YEAR MY HEALTHIEST AND MOST ACTIVE YEAR YET:
- start working out four times a week. i hardly worked out at all in december and my body has been feeling it indeed. i joined the ymca at the end of december and have gone there several times already. the girls love the child care center- although every time i pick them up, amelia is ALWAYS in the high chair eating, ha 🙂 – and i can get an hour to myself to focus on getting myself back to where i want to be. if you follow me on instagram, you’ll notice i’m using insta-stories to hold myself accountable to going to the gym. a quick snapshot and an upload 🙂 it’s okay if you don’t like seeing gym pictures a couple times a week…it’s the way i’m holding myself accountable for working out and so far it’s helping me so for now i’m going to stick with it!
- drink 80+ ounces of water a day. i’ve never been a good water drinker. if you’ve been around here long enough, you already know this but lately i’ve been getting dizzier faster and i alway feel so so dehydrated. it’s just something that isn’t negotiable anymore.
- eat cleaner. i eat pretty heathy for the most part but there’s always room for improvement. i’m one week into doing the whole30 meal plan and if i’m being honest, it’s been hard and i’m probably at a 90/10 doing well ratio. there’s been slips. but i’m human and it’s not whole30 or die right?
2. READ 52 BOOKS THIS YEAR. the last three years i’ve done AWFUL with reading. and i miss it terribly. so 52 is my number this year. audible counts. and i’ve already got one checked off my list!
3. CREATE HEALTHY AND INSPIRING CONTENT ON MY BLOG:
- i’ve already created a blog schedule for the month of january and i’m excited to share everything i have on my heart! i’m hoping to stick with a monthly schedule so i’m never sitting there the night before wondering what i should write about.
- i’m hoping to grow my audience and have more of a connection with the people that follow along already.
4. RECONNECT WITH GOD:
- we have yet to find a church home in our new city and that’s my number one goal this month.
- once we find said church home, i want to make it a habit of getting there every sunday again. we sometimes fall into these lazy sunday morning habits but i love how i feel every time we leave church and instilling a good faith into our kids is incredibly important to us so get to church is for sure a goal of ours.
- start praying more. the power of prayer is like nothing else and i need to focus on praying regularly again instead of just praying when i need something.
5. PRINT MORE PICTURES & PICTURE BOOKS. stop letting those photos just live on the computer where no one will see them.
6. CONTINUE CUTTING DOWN. we live in a world where i feel like i always need the latest and greatest and more more more but really i just need to focus on what really makes our family happy and cut back on the rest. not so many clothes, not so many toys, not so many emails flooding my box, not so many choices. simplify. more simplifying.
- i’m also doing the simplicity challenge for the month of january if you’d like to join me.
that’s it for now! what are your top three goals for 2017? i’d love to hear them 🙂 comment below!!