january was good. it was a good month of experimenting. trying things out, figuring out what works for me, what doesn’t, what i want to keep doing, what i want to dismiss myself from. and january is also proving to show me that believe was the most perfect word to choose for this year. already, i’ve used it and reminded myself of it and lived it so many times.
i mentioned before that i’m using the power sheets this year to keep goals in one space and to focus on what i want to complete in 2017. every month, i fill out what is called a “tending list”, a list of monthly, weekly and daily goals. what a wonderful list to check off. i love seeing the progress i made throughout the month. i did not complete everything this month. i don’t expect myself to complete everything every month. i’m not striving to be perfect, i’m striving to make progress and that exactly what i’m accomplishing.
one of my favorite parts about the tending list is the part on top where you can write “encouraging words”. this month: “every day you wait is a day you won’t get back.”
some of the things i didn’t complete this month:
- creating and ordering our december 2016 photo book – i simply kept forgetting to do it but it’s nothing that i can’t complete this month
- visit and join a church – we still have not found a new church in our new city and i’m a little ashamed of it because we need to get back to visiting god’s house, especially getting that mind set instilled in our girls as they continue to grow. i have a list of church’s i want to check out and i’m hoping to complete this sooner rather than later.
some of the things i only partially completed for the month:
- successfully complete whole30 – i made it through the first week and a half before i stopped in january, but i started again two weeks ago so i’m pushing this goal to complete in february.
- find dentist for all four of us – i found a dentist for the girls (they had their first visit today!) but i still haven’t found one for andrew and i. it’s a work in progress.
- complete simplicity challenge – there were some things i just didn’t get to but i still am going to complete the challenge, just obviously not in january anymore. i really did love it, some days time just didn’t allow me to get to the task.
- read four books – i read three and three quarters of one so i feel like i was dang close. i’m already done with that fourth book though and one to my february books.
i think my ambition was a little too high for my weekly goals. i’d rather set the bar higher though and work toward bettering myself. blogging monday through thursday didn’t happen every week – in fact it only happened two of the five weeks, but i now know i need to make a better calendar and start prewriting posts so i’m not thinking about it the night before. working out four times a week also only happened two of the five weeks but i had family in town ten of those days this month. i know i did my best with getting to the gym and i’m simply going to try harder this month. knitting a little more on amelia’s blanket, yep. that didn’t happen at all. honestly i’m not sure if that blanket will ever get done. maybe i should change my mindset for this being my first grand-baby’s blanket. ha!
daily goals were actually fun to tick off one by one. as you can see though, i clearly need to lower my goal for water intake. i need to work my way up to 80 ounces apparently.
february is a new month and i’m excited to try new things and complete new tasks!
here’s what my tending list looks like this month:
it’s a big month of celebrations in our house and i’m excited to push forward! (i almost said start, but seeing as it’s the 6th already… 🙂