i mentioned in my goals post last week that i want to continue eating healthy. i’ve really jumped on the healthier food bandwagon and wanted to share these super simple little treat recipes i’ve been using the last couple weeks to curb my sweet tooth. now mind you i did not cut anything out from my diet; if i want a doughnut or custard, you better believe i’m going to have it still. but treats like that are called treats for a reason…if they become a regular thing, they aren’t special anymore.
okay, here we go!
guilt free cookies
1 cup oats
1/2 cup chocolate chips
2 mushed bananas
1 heaping tablespoon peanut butter
1. bake at 350 for 15 minutes. enjoy!
chocolate peanut butter apple treats
1. cut the apple and lather with peanut butter.
2. sprinkle oats and cinnamon on top.
3. melt the chocolate for 45 seconds then drizzle over the top of the apples.
*i realize there is nothing sweet about this last treat but i’m constantly making this salad for myself and the beans are so crunchy they taste like candy*
crispy green bean salad
1 (8 oz) package greens beans (or a huge handful of fresh ones like i did)
1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette
1/2 cup tomatoes halved
1/4 shaved parmesan cheese
1. add green beans to boiling water for 3-4 minutes.
2. drain the beans and put into water with ice for 3-4 minutes to stop the cooking process.
3. drain the beans, pat dry, toss with vinaigrette and top with tomatoes and cheese.